My blogging frequency has decreased about one million fold for so many reasons I can hardly count thee. Mostly, I blame Twitter and Facebook because who has time to actually write full-length blog posts when you can pretty much sum things up in <140 characters? I certainly don’t. I saw one of my friends from 1st grade tonight, though, and she practically begged me1 to blog again, beginning with the awesome and hilarious story I told her about some rodeo flirting that went awry. Way awry. More to come on that.
Anyway, I haven’t blogged in six months. I have thought about blogging but have been so freaking busy doing things I could have blogged about that I had no time to actually blog. Some would say I was busier than a one-eyed cat watching two rat holes. So to catch you up, here’s a very brief snapshot of what I’ve been doing, because I know you are all very interested. You’re welcome!
- Fostered six dogs through K-9 Angels
- Visited my friend LG in Chicago and ate at Alinea
- Had a birthday
- Went to Baton Rouge for my family’s 61st Christmas Eve Eve party
- Eaten at a ton of great, and not-so-great, restaurants
- Finished a huge project at work and started another huge project right behind it
- Spent nearly every night from January 2 through February 9 at the Junior League for Charity Ball rehearsals
- Spent nearly every night at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo both on the Calf Scramble Committee and with my peeps
- Was a Transfer Advisor for the Junior League
- Became a provisional mentor for the Junior League
- Went to a bar every week for the last 36 weeks, which included becoming mayor of Blanco’s on Foursquare
- Hired a tree doctor to give my 60-year old water oak trees a haircut
- Laughed hard
- Cried hard
- Drank hard
- Played hard
- Worked hard
- Saw George Strait. Really, is there anything else?
- Basically had an amazing time
I’m sure there are 5,014 things I’ve forgotten that I’ve done in the last six months, but I still don’t know how to work iCloud on my iPhone and can’t seem to access my calendars prior to March2. Nevertheless, I’m really happy to have some time to blog again. I have no idea how long it will last and I don’t know where I’ll be going, but I know that wherever it is, it won’t be boring.
1And by “begged me”, I mean “mentioned it”.
2 Clearly winning.